Welcome to my
online journal...

My name is Alexander Gordon Smith, and I'm the author of various books including The Inventors series and the brand new Furnace series.

This is my blog, and is where I talk about books, writing and, well, probably other stuff too...

Beware The Fury...


Hi everyone! I've spent the last month working solidly on the book I started in November, and have finally got it finished! It's pretty epic, at 150,000 words, but it's a hell of a story. It still doesn't have an official title, but it's looking more and more like it might be called THE FURY. This may change, though! I signed the contracts for it last week, so I can officially give you a teaser of what the book is about:



Imagine if one day, out of the blue, the entire human race turns against you.
Every single person you meet becomes a bloodthirsty feral, hell-bent on killing you – and only you.
Friends, lovers, even your mum and dad, brothers and sisters – they will turn on you, and they will murder you.
And when they have, they will go back to their lives as if nothing has happened.
The world has the Fury.
It won't rest until you're dead.

There's a lot more to the story than this, but I don't want to give too much away just yet! There's also a snippet of press blurb:
The Fury is a brutal, gore-packed, relentless roller-coaster ride of excitement, mystery and supernatural terror. A zombie book without zombies, it turns the rules of the horror genre upside down, providing a fresh take on the apocalypse story.
Anyway, I just thought I'd let you all know what was coming after Furnace! I'll post some more information soon!

7 comments:

Just finished watching shaun of the dead, now this! :P

-Coolgem50

9 February 2011 at 13:04  
HJ Harper said...
This comment has been removed by the author. 9 February 2011 at 14:29  
Holly said...

*Eyes bug out of skull* Wow! That sounds so brilliant, I really can't wait to read it! Is a release date asking too much?

And hang on, lemme get this straight... you wrote 150,000 words in a month? Tell me that's not right, because if that's the case, I fear I might shrivel up from awe.

9 February 2011 at 14:31  
Tez Miller said...

Sounds good! Looking forward to learning more :-)

9 February 2011 at 17:30  

Thanks guys!

Well if my publisher likes it then it should be coming out Spring 2012! I'll let you know when I know!

LOL, no, I started the book back in November, so it's taken about three months. It was so relentless, though, that I couldn't stop writing it because I wanted to know what was going to happen!!

10 February 2011 at 02:10  
Unknown said...

Three months is still mightily impressive! You, sir, must be absolutely exhausted. I'll be counting down the days to Spring 2012!

11 February 2011 at 15:32  
Alex Anderson said...

sounds good. by the way I luv your escape from furnace series.:) thanks gordon for the awesome books!

25 February 2011 at 09:07  
© Copyright 2010 Alexander Gordon Smith
Creative, bespoke website and blog design by Graphic Alchemy